Tropical Fish Northern Ireland | Tropical Fish NI
WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tropical fish keepers from worldwide are welcome! No matter what Aquarium Fish you have, or the size of your Fish Tank. If you have Malawi Cichlids, American, Tropical, or Marine Fish - Come and have a look around - We want to welcome you to our site!

Homesite latestLatest imagesRegisterLog in

are clown loaches french lol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mbuna

mbuna

are clown loaches french lol Empty
PostSubject: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:09 am

was having wild trouble with snails in my breeder tank lituraly that you couldnt see into it now threw my loacheys in and after three days the snails
are good and gone lol .
Back to top Go down
http://tropicalfishni.co.uk
Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:22 am

We have 3 types of snails to help with sand maintainence and always use the extras as free food for our Clown Loaches, also have a few other types of fish that love to munch them too so never get to overun with the critters. are clown loaches french lol 792925317
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 am

lol oh aye i really enojoyed that my loaches got a great feed up as when they where in the main tank they hid in rocks lol and a always dreaded the tank maintenance as the wee buggers always ended up on the floor they seem happy for now with there wee snail friends lol!
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 am

Yeah quite a few loaches make short work of the old snails alright!! I find some of the cichlids like a good munch on them too Wink we have a tank that breeds snails freely and then we feed them to the others as well - great free grub for them Smile
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 am

its something i hate is the snails theres some of them look nice enough to keep about but the ones i had lately where like this shape and ave never seen snails breed like it lituraly thousands

are clown loaches french lol Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGtsjlehwrJopjo9UBxRKCZq7Mnj8KoaVYNUFrT-jopR9f4GB8Kg
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 am

I always think they are quite good to have in the fry tanks - do a good job of keeping the uneaten food under control when you feeding the little uns 3 or 4 times a day Smile but i know what you mean mbuna - they seem to just multiply overnight!
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:46 am

aye they can cause issues with water and stuff well so ive read lol but a few thousand like looking at an aquarium full a suger puffs lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:57 am

hahahahahahahahahahaha sugar puffs for the loaches alright Smile

I read something recently about snails being a good indicator of poor water quality - if you see them heading for the top of the tank during the day then it shows there is a problem with the water. Not heard anything about them causing water problems tho????
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 am

lol im back to front doh

Snails and water quality
The exact diet of a snail depends on size and species, but a majority of the snails are scavengers that will feed on plants (especially decomposing plants), algae and dead animals. Some of them are carnivores that will hunt, but only tiny animals such as gastropods smaller than themselves. An animal that will remove dead animals, algae and decomposing plants from your aquarium sounds like a nice deal, doesn’t it? A reasonable amount of snails will actually help you to keep the water quality up in the aquarium while simultaneously keeping algae growth in check. Snails are highly dedicated cleaners that will get into a lot of nooks and crannies where catfish wouldn’t bother.
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 am

rofl mbuna its me just driving you a bit sha banana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are clown loaches french lol   are clown loaches french lol Empty

Back to top Go down

are clown loaches french lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Northern Ireland | Tropical Fish NI  :: GENERAL :: Daily Chat-
Jump to: