Tropical Fish Northern Ireland | Tropical Fish NI
WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tropical fish keepers from worldwide are welcome! No matter what Aquarium Fish you have, or the size of your Fish Tank. If you have Malawi Cichlids, American, Tropical, or Marine Fish - Come and have a look around - We want to welcome you to our site!

Homesite latestLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little about me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DW Aquatics

DW Aquatics

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:19 am

Hi all,
My name is Danny from over on DWAquatics,
I was asked by terry to come over and join this forum to help with any fish problems one might have,
Im from the UK a little town called Ellesmere port around 45 mins from liverpool.
Ive been in this game now for around 5 years keeping everything from coldwater species to normal tropical community fish now im keeping and breeding the American cichlids and different catfish,
The current americans i breed are blue acara's, convicts, jade eyeds, firemouths and im now attempting to breed 2 different blood strains of severums,
I also breed different corydoras and different pleco's mainly the bristlenose.
Im currently running 5 4ft tanks and 1 3ft tank and im thinking of setting up mbuna for breeding and keeping,
If you would like to know more then feel free to ask Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dwaquatics.yolasite.co.uk
mbuna

mbuna

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:25 am

really good to have you with us danny really looking forward to your posts on american cichlids and so on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tropicalfishni.co.uk
wonderfish

wonderfish

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:34 am

HI Danny! Great to have you on board Smile I do love the Americans - convicts get such a bad name when people don't know how to keep them i think - they are beautiful and fascinating fish Smile I do love my severums too - have a lovely rotkeil at the mo - must try and get a pic up of him. What are the ones you are trying to breed?
Back to top Go down
DW Aquatics

DW Aquatics

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:38 am

Hi,
Thanks for the very warm welcome Smile
Yes convicts do get really bad names not because people dont know how to keep them but because they are VERY easy to breed and you can end up being really badly over run with them Smile
Ive only bred mine once and got rid of the fry pretty quick but they wont breed now as my bigger american won't let them haha Smile
In answer to your question mate im attempting to breed my green severum with my gold severum to see what type of blood strain i will end up or weather i would just get a mixture of golden ones and green ones i dont know but im very interested to see it happen,
I need my adults to pair up first lol which is proving to be a challenge
Back to top Go down
DW Aquatics

DW Aquatics

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:39 am

just one question, can anyone tell me what terrys name is on here? lol
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:24 am

Hey Danny! You are right of course about the breeding issue of convicts - thats what i meant about people not really knowing how to keep them - its about keeping this in check really - do this and there are few problems with them Wink

Oh it will be really interesting to hear about your gold and green severum babies if and when your adults start to play along! You will have to play them some Barry White ....... lol!

Terry's name on here is Fantastic Fish - I'm sure he will be in touch soon - he has been dealing with some business issues, getting his website ready to launch and is currently en route home with 2 6ft tanks......

I'm his OH BTW not a stalker clown
Back to top Go down
DW Aquatics

DW Aquatics

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 am

Lol, sounds like terry will be having alot of fun soon then with his new tanks Very Happy
I will defo be keeping you folk updated with my journey on the severum route lol,
Im sure terry will come along and have a chat with me soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pauladair1994

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:41 am

DW Aquatics wrote:
Lol, sounds like terry will be having alot of fun soon then with his new tanks Very Happy
I will defo be keeping you folk updated with my journey on the severum route lol,
Im sure terry will come along and have a chat with me soon Very Happy
what r them fishon ure profile pic they r stunning
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah they are stunning aren't they Paul? i was thinking they were some sort of convict - peach ones or something like that - i've not seen them myself but was talking to a guy that mentioned them to me a while ago Smile Danny will enlighten us soon i'm sure Smile
Back to top Go down
DW Aquatics

DW Aquatics

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Wonderfish, you couldnt be more wrong if you tried to be LMAO!!
These are my breeding pair of "cichlasoma festae" VERY hard to come by and when they do, they cost a bomb, your talking £50 each lol i got a great deal, some woman didnt have the space to keep them so i got the both for £30 and ive bred them twice now giving me alot of money which just went straight back into the hobby lol,
My festae really do turn heads and like you alot of people think there convicts but there massively wrong lol,
Their common name is "red terror" these can be (excuse my language) twats and murder anything in their path and being alot worse when breeding so these have to be on their own Smile
But these fish are my babies Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:16 pm

lol! Well at least i'm not the only one to make that mistake Embarassed I knew you would enlighten us - always good to learn a little more about fishies, i can go and look them up now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:28 am

tihkn i found a vid of these guys check out the video section as should be there
Back to top Go down
http://tropicalfishni.co.uk
wonderfish

wonderfish

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:50 am

Oh cool, your a star! off to look Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 am

Danny, we have added you to our forum friends section - feel free to go on there and post some info about DW Aquatics Smile
Back to top Go down
DW Aquatics

DW Aquatics

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 am

Thanks alot ill go look now Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A little about me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little about me    A little about me  Empty

Back to top Go down

A little about me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Northern Ireland | Tropical Fish NI  :: Welcome :: Welcome New Members :: welcome introduction-
Jump to: