Tropical Fish Northern Ireland | Tropical Fish NI
WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tropical fish keepers from worldwide are welcome! No matter what Aquarium Fish you have, or the size of your Fish Tank. If you have Malawi Cichlids, American, Tropical, or Marine Fish - Come and have a look around - We want to welcome you to our site!

Homesite latestLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?

Go down 
+4
FANTASTICFISH
pauladair1994
mbuna
wonderfish
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wonderfish

wonderfish

What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? Empty
PostSubject: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 pm

There are so many fab fish out there and we always seem to want more than we can realistically have don't we? So i was just wondering what you would love to have but haven't got yet for whatever reason?

There are loads that i would like.....so its a tough question for me!

At the minute though i really have a yearning to have a tank based around elephant noses! There is something very mysterious about them and I do like seeing shy fish becoming comfortable in an aquarium environment - I love that they like heavily planted tanks so the whole aquarium needs to be nurtured for them, and the electrical impulses they give off just fascinate me.

Unfortunately i am unlikely to be able to get a tank like this - It would take a pretty big tank to be able to have more than one elephant nose and there is no room for another tank for a start LOL, but also i have read the elephant nose can be quite difficult to actually get to feed in the tank and often die from starvation even when there is plenty of food around - I would be devastated if this happened in my tank affraid so i choose to admire them from afar.....

What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? Gnathonemuspetersii
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:22 am

zebra obliquins love them
Back to top Go down
http://tropicalfishni.co.uk
wonderfish

wonderfish

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:48 am

Not sure what they are like! Do you have any pics you can post? Wink
Back to top Go down
pauladair1994

PostSubject: fave fish   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:48 am

its not wat fish i would really like and cant get its how many tanks and how many different kinds of fish terry has heaven in a terreced house lol
Back to top Go down
FANTASTICFISH
FANTASTICFISH

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi paul - id love to get some of the really nice lethrinops species like albus or marginatus stunning - i havent seen these for sale anywhere yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantastic-fish.co.uk
zungaro
zungaro

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:30 am

would love to get orechromis tanganicae, or orechromis niloticus probably one of the most heavily farmed fish in the world (tilipia)but i cant get my hands on any.another cichlid would be an umbee.
Back to top Go down
Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:39 am

Xenotilapia nigrolabiata red-princess from Lake Tangynika for me, had others on the list of wants but have been fortunate to get most of them, top of that list was Tropheus Ilangi and we were able to buy some a couple of months ago. What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? 792925317
Back to top Go down
malawiman

malawiman

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 am

What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? Cynoti10For me it would have to be some Cynotilapia Afra Cobue
Back to top Go down
http://www.belfasttropical.co.uk
DjAaron

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:08 am

silver dollar's ok i no its not one of the hard fish to get lol but i had 4 big's ones tel my placo wanted to eat them so i will wait for a bit to get them agine.
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:39 am

DjAaron wrote:
silver dollar's ok i no its not one of the hard fish to get lol but i had 4 big's ones tel my placo wanted to eat them so i will wait for a bit to get them agine.

I would say they are quite easy to get but to get some really nice good shaped and good coloured ones can be tricky enough - i used to have about 10 or 12 i think many many years ago - lovely fish but have never seen any fish that can eat plants as fast LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?   What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet? Empty

Back to top Go down

What fish is the one you really really want but haven't got yet?
Page 1 of 1