Tropical Fish Northern Ireland | Tropical Fish NI
WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

WELCOME TO TROPICAL FISH NORTHERN IRELAND! We welcome fish keepers from worldwide to join us.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tropical fish keepers from worldwide are welcome! No matter what Aquarium Fish you have, or the size of your Fish Tank. If you have Malawi Cichlids, American, Tropical, or Marine Fish - Come and have a look around - We want to welcome you to our site!

Homesite latestLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello everyone!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 am

Hey guys i have several tropical fish tanks 1 10 gallon fish tank 1 5 gallon shrimp tank 1 25 gallon tank not yet setup and 1 5 gallon betta fish tank
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:24 am

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
http://tropicalfishni.co.uk
wonderfish

wonderfish

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:27 am

Hi bud welcome to the forum Very Happy any problems or questions or if you just want to chat there will always be someone on !
Back to top Go down
malawiman

malawiman

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:29 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.belfasttropical.co.uk
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:36 am

i was wondering what to have in my 25 gallon tank
Back to top Go down
mbuna

mbuna

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 am

fish fish and more fish lol
Back to top Go down
http://tropicalfishni.co.uk
malawiman

malawiman

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:05 am

Malawi Cichlids
Back to top Go down
http://www.belfasttropical.co.uk
southernoakaquatics

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:47 am

fresh water shrimp tank with plants of course! and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:32 am

thanks but i was thinking about a general community and i already have a shrimp tank but thanks anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:46 am

You could go down the american cichlid route Smile or is there any fish you fancy? plan it round one or two species Smile
Back to top Go down
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:02 am

im not really sure what fish. but i was thinking maybe 2 dwarf gouramis a pair of rams and some tetras
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 am

I really like dwarf Gouramis but to be honest i have always found them quite hard to keep - not sure how everyone has found them - and it may just be because i was getting them from a chain pet store. I have kept gouramis (regular size) on and off for years and bred them etc but the dwarfs always seem less hardy than the larger ones to me...

I do love rams as well - beautiful fish though i have never kept them and Kribensis also i find very appealing but not kept either.

Any particular tetras in mind? i guess you could go down the shoal route of smaller ones which is beautiful along with a couple of different species fish or larger like the congo tetras - again i think they can be stunning in a tank Smile

Any preference on decor? do you like planted or bogwood or rock setups?
Back to top Go down
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:23 am

i was thinking a planted tank with a piece of bogwood and some rock work i was think neons or cardinals
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:01 am

Well we are getting there eh? Some shoals of neons and cardinals would work well - nice and colourful!

Do you want to stay with small fish? you could have some danios for example for some contrast with the others Smile
Back to top Go down
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:48 am

i was thinking a max of like a 3 inch fish so rams and gouramies are probably the biggest i would get. But could i get a bristlenosed pleco not really sure of the requirements but i know they grow to about 10 cm and this would definately be the biggest fish in there
Back to top Go down
wonderfish

wonderfish

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 am

Bristlenose are pretty easy to care for - we breed them so any advice on them you need just shout Smile
Back to top Go down
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 am

do you feed them the algae blocks and supplement that with blached spinach and stuff. And do they eat food off of thebottom which isnt vegatarian. And what size tank do they need when in a community and what size tank do they need for breeding
Back to top Go down
Getthejist

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:07 am

im not sure how to find where to post in the forum because there are lots of words scrambled across the page on my computer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Northern Ireland | Tropical Fish NI  :: Welcome :: Welcome New Members :: welcome introduction-
Jump to: